Friday, March 16, 2012

Things Aren't Always As They Seem

***DISCLAIMER: Despite how some of these posts may sound my husband is a very nice, smart man. It has come to my attention that my extremely unbiased rantings may make him sound jerk-ish, jerk-like, or otherwise jerk-a-licious. We are quite happy together and pretty hilarious if I do say so myself.***

There. Now maybe he'll stop whining.

Now. On to the point of this post! Kent and I were at a gas station and up until this point I was driving. Kent sometimes makes me extremely nervous when I'm behind the wheel because he has a tendency to complain about my driving. Whether or not his complaints are justified will remain unsaid. Anyway, as we were stopped at this gas station we start to argue about my driving and whether to prepay or pay at the pump and what to get to drink at the gas station...it wasn't our finest moment. I go inside, come back out and realize this whole time there was a woman at the pump next to us who was trying really hard not to make eye contact with me. I realized she had witnessed our entire stupid argument.

Me: Oh great. Now this poor woman thinks we are the most unhappy couple on the planet. (Yelling out the window to the woman) We're really very happily married, I promise!
Kent: (To me) Oh, shut up!

I'm sure the fact that that last statement was followed by laughter really confused that poor woman. I should have bought her a coke...

No comments:

Post a Comment