Monday, March 26, 2012

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree

Today's post is starring *drumroll please* my adorable son, Spencer! Yes Kent, you get a break today!

So earlier I was feeding Spencer lunch. After he got done eating, he looked up at me and said, "More?" We'll ok. You can have more. But it's going to be something healthy! He led me to the cupboards so I put him up on the counter. He's got healthy snacks in the cupboard, after all. He stood up on the counter, opened the cupboard door, and pointed to a box of Girl Scout cookies. "No buddy. You don't need any cookies." He stared at me with his huge blue eyes a la Puss in Boots. Oh ok...cookies! Cookies for everyone!

I sat him down in his high chair and put one cookie on his tray at a time. About four cookies in (don't judge me!), I told him, "Ok buddy, this is the last one." I figured he would savor it, maybe make it last...instead he took one bite and threw the rest of the cookie on the floor. Throwing food on the floor has been a terrible habit of his for the last few weeks. He doesn't seem to understand that the kitty does NOT need to eat half of his lunch...anywho. He threw the cookie on the floor, so as I went to pick it up I told him "That was the last one and you threw it on the floor! No more! You might as well say 'bye bye' to that cookie because it is yuck!" I walked over to the trash can and threw the cookie away expecting to hear him screaming for his cookie. Instead when I turned around I looked at him and he was staring at the trash can waving. He looked up at me and said, "Bye bye!"

Oh, you are your father's son aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment